Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Book Review: Parallel Visions by Cheryl Rainfield

Sometime's we need reminders that we are not alone in the trials that we face. As a domestic violence survivor I was encouraged after reading Parallel Visions by Cheryl Rainfield. The intended audience for this book is teenagers but really I think adults could benefit from it as well. Not only am I a domestic violence survivor but I am an advocate as well. I advocate for many causes such as depression, suicide, etc which were also touched on in Parallel Visions.

Cheryl Rainfield did a great job at showing how teens go through things and it is often covered up. As parents, we would like to believe that we know almost everything that there is to know about our children and that if something happens, our children would not hesitate to tell us. The truth is that when it comes to teen dating violence and even other issues that teens face, they are more likely to confide in their friends first in fear that their parents will judge them.

Oh I would love to tell you everything that happen but I will let you read it for yourself, I gave the book 5 stars, what will you give it? Read it and lets see! The review that I wrote on Amazon can be seen here: Parallel Visions Amazon Book Review.

Have you read it Parallel Visions or will you? if so or when you do feel free to come back and let me know what you rated it!


No comments:

Post a Comment